Unofficial Warrior Cats RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our community! These aren't the official Forums for the Warrior Cats, but it's still a fun place to be! You can RP as Clan cats, or people or anything, it's all possible! You can chat, share your creations, whether they are stories or pictures!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smalltail17
Admin
Admin
Smalltail17

New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! Empty
PostSubject: New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!   New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Welcome, first of all. All of us are happy that you chose to join the place. Now, if you're from the other Warrior Forums, you'll realize that this place is a little more confusing than the other site. But have no fear, you'll soon find everything you'll need, we also have a little more freedom. So let's begin young padawan.

Posting: How or Where Do I Post?
Posting is very easy actually. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find two rectangular shapes on the left that will say NewTopic PostReply. Just go there and it will take you to a large box and then you can type away.
If you're from the Warrior Forums, this may seem a little strange for you because your used to a mini thread opening up. It's ok, you'll get used to it.

What is PM and UCP?
PM: PM is short for Private Message. If you want to send someone a message without the disruption or that they're not posting on a thread, then that's where you'll do it. If someone is sending you a nasty, rude, or innappropiate thing, contact the Admins or Mods right away.
UCP: The UCP is your personal area. There you can put your hobby, humor, or leave a comment for other viewers. Also when you look just below the adds, you'll find 7 more things you can do.

How Do I Make My Avatar?
Well you need to go to you UCP and below the adds you find other things you'll be able to go to. Go to the one that says 'Avatar' and there you'll be able to pick a photo. But remember, we aren't allowed to upload any personal pictures such as yourself, your brother, mom, dad, etc. Your also can't put anything innapropiate, remember little kids may come on here. We will suspend you if you do not stick to that little rule.
When choosing an avatar, their are different ways. You can get a link from another website, upload one from your computer, or you can choose one of them from the avatar gallery. All the pictures in the avatar gallery are courtesy of Tigerspirit, one of our mods.

Can I Post Warrior Cat Rp Topics?
Yes, in the Fan Made Clans subforum. Those clans don't attend the gatherings with the Admin Made Clans, but you can attend your own gatherings with your own group of clans.

Why Can't I Go to This Topic?
It's either because it's been deleted, being moved, or that it's locked. The reason why it could be deleted is because people couldn't stop flaming or bashing, something innapropiate kept popping up, or that the creator wanted it deleted. The reason why it could be moved is because it could be in the wrong area. Such as a Warrior Clan is in the Off Topic Discussions. The reason why it could be locked is because the Mods or Admins are cleaning up some flame wars or innapropiate pictures.

What's the Portal For?
The Portal is sort of like home, so we can review the rules, see who the top poster is, etc. You can find bookmarks, top thread post, even some threads people made. You can find a lot of things there.

Are We Allowed to Post Pictures?
Yes you can! But it can only be put on the Art Subforum. Because some people don't want their RP overrun by pictures. But we must also keep it appropiate. And no personal pictures, as said before. We allow pictures of animals but do NOT post pictures of yourself, your brother, sister, mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousin, niece, or nephew. If you do, you're at risk of your thread getting deleted or locked. This is for your own safety, you must understand. We can't pick what type of people view this website, and in this day and age, many 'creeps' have access to this website, so that's why there is a ban on personal pictures and information. Name and age is allowed at your own risk, and maybe country, but keep it at that, never give away your town and city or address.

Making your topic look good
Use bold, italics, underlining, colors and much more to make your topics look good and organized! Be literate so others can understand it and maybe even use dividers for even more organization. The codes on how to do the bolds, italics, etc are listed at the top under your topic's title, above the message body.

Do I Have to Upload a Picture?
Actually, no you don't. Our trusty friend, Tigerspirit, made a series of avatars for you to choose from, and they even move! All you have to do is to go to your UCP and go to 'Avatar' once your there you'll see a few options. Go to the one that says 'Show Gallery'. Once your there scroll down a few inches and you'll find pictures that have been uploaded by the Admins themselves. This is also a better way to know if they have finished your Screen Picture. This will also take a load off your computer with downloading.

If I missed any kind of question that you're thinking, don't be afraid to PM an Admin or Mod. Happy Hunting
Back to top Go down
Thornscar
Kit
Kit

PostSubject: Re: New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!   New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 am

Im only posting my questions here cause i dont know how to PM you. My first question is; how do i get to my UPC? My second question is; how do i add friends?
Back to top Go down
Thornscar
Kit
Kit

PostSubject: Re: New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!   New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 am

Im only posting my questions here cause i dont know how to PM you. My first question is; how do i get to my UPC? My second question is; how do i add friends?
Back to top Go down
~*Tigerspirit*~
Admin
Admin
~*Tigerspirit*~

PostSubject: Re: New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!   New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Thornscar wrote:

Hello Thornscar and welcome to the forums :3

1) To view your UCP or to send a PM, look at the bar at the top of the page that has Home, Portal, etc.

2) To add friends, go to your UCP. Once there, there should be some links above the bar that says "Registration Information". Click the link that says "Friends and Foes". From there you can search for the user by their username.

Sorry for taking a while to reply but the place has been pretty dead for the past year ^^'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!   New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here! Empty

Back to top Go down

New To the Forums and Need Help? Come Here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Warrior Cats RPG :: Overall information :: For the new members-
Jump to: